Can you believe it? The NFL season is here and it is about damn time!
The fantasy rosters are complete, the bets are in, and the DVR is set for record. Pack the cooler, start the grill and put on your favorite jersey because we are underway.. Sunday’s will never be the same.
Every year I predict division winners as well as Super Bowl picks so, without further ado, I give you 2013-2014 NFL Predictions:
AFC North: 1. Bengals, 2. Ravens, 3. Steelers, 4. Browns – Cincinnati is clearly the most talented team in this division!
AFC South: 1. Texans, 2. Colts, 3. Titans, 4. Jaguars – The Colts finish second in this division but only by one game.
AFC East: 1. Patriots, 2. Dolphins, 3. Bills, 4. Jets – Tom Brady is still Tom Brady and Belicheck is still the coach.
AFC West: 1. Broncos, 2. Chiefs, 3. Chargers, 4. Raiders – Peyton Manning has arguably some of the best weapons he’s ever had.
Playoff Seeding: 1. Broncos, 2. Patriots, 3. Texans, 4. Bengals, 5. Colts, 6. Chiefs
Wild Card Weekend: Texans over Chiefs, Bengals over Colts
Divisional Round: Texans over Patriots, Bengals over Broncos
AFC Championship: Texans over Bengals
NFC North: 1. Packers, 2. Bears, 3. Vikings, 4. Lions – Packers are the team to beat and the others will be fighting for .500
NFC South: 1. Falcons, 2. Saints, 3. Panthers, 4. Buccaneers – Very competitive division – Panthers and Buccs both .500 or better.
NFC East: 1. Cowboys, 2. Giants, 3. Redskins, 4. Eagles – The once “toughest division” is weak. Chip Kelly has a lot to prove.
NFC West: 1. 49ers, 2. Seahawks, 3. Rams, 4. Cardinals – Closest division race – Rams lose out on WC by 1 game.
Playoff Seeding: 1. Packers, 2. 49ers, 3. Falcons, 4. Cowboys, 5. Seahawks, 6. Saints
Wild Card Weekend: Falcons over Saints, Seahawks over Cowboys
Divisional Round: Falcons over 49ers, Seahawks over Packers
NFC Championship: Falcons over Seahawks
Super Bowl XLVIII: Falcons over Texans (27-21)
– Andrew Luck finishes fourth in the MVP voting. Yes, Andrew Luck will be talked about as one of the best quarterbacks in the league next year.
– Rex Ryan is fired because Geno Smith nor Mark Sanchez will perform well (they have no skill position players either).
– Drew Brees & the Saints offense break some sort of passing or total offense record(s). Give Sean Payton one year off to watch football and watch out NFL. Saints are going to return to form!
– CJ Spiller will lead the league in rushing yards with Adrian Peterson 70 yards behind. I expect these two to finish 1 and 2 around 1,700 yards.
– RGIII goes down with another serious injury this year. I love him as a player but I dont think he can hold up in this league.
– Darrelle Revis will reestablish himself as the elite NFL corner but only second to Richard Sherman.
– EJ Manuel will win the Bills games. When Manuel was picked, I laughed but I’m not laughing anymore because this guy can play!
– Jay Cutler will flop in a contract year. He can only throw the ball to one player (Marshall, obviously) but still defenses cant stop it.
– The Cleveland Browns make headlines this year. Yes, those Cleveland Browns.
– Darren McFadden finally has a healthy season. DMC
– Roger Goodell will pass Gary Bettman as the most hated commissioner in sports. We get it, a non-football player wants to clean up the game but players/fans don’t like the guy.
– I will regret putting the Cowboys as my number one spot because you cant trust any guy named Romo. Let’s face it, Romo has yet to live up to any expectations; heres to playing up to your contract.
– I will win at least one fantasy league. As always, I will dominant my competition and call myself a victor at the end of the season!
Good Luck this season and don’t forget to follow along!
2013 NFL Preview: Bold Predictions